If you need to cancel an event and issue refunds, follow these steps.
Cancel the Event
- On the management page for the event, click Edit.
- In the Description field, add Cancelled to the name of the event so that it will display on calendars as cancelled.
- Scroll down to the Online Registration Details section.
- Change the Registration End Date to yesterday.
- Save your changes.
To issue refunds for cancelled events, follow these steps.
- On the management page for the event, click Manage Registrations.
- At the right of the first registration, click the three-dot menu and select View Payments. The Payment Details page is displayed.
- Click the hyperlink for the payment (highlighted in the following image). The Transaction Detail page will be displayed.
Click the hyperlink for the purchase amount (highlighted in yellow in this image) to display the Transaction Details page.
- At the bottom of the Transaction Detail page, click Issue Refund. The Issue a Refund page is displayed.
- In the Amount to Credit field, enter the amount of the refund.
- In the Reason for Credit field, enter the reason (e.g., Event cancelled).
- In the Credit Amount field for the cancelled event, enter the amount of the refund.
- Click the checkbox that authorizes processing the refund.
- Click Refund. The Credit Request Confirmation page is displayed.
- Click Done. The Transaction Details page is displayed. The refund has been issued and an email is sent to the registration owner to let them know their money was refunded.
- Click Done. The Payment Details page is displayed.
- Click Go Back. The Manage Registrations page is displayed.
- For the registration you just refunded, click the three-dot menu and select Delete Registration. The Delete Warning page is displayed.
- Click Delete. A confirmation dialog will be displayed.
- Click OK. The registration will be deleted, the balance for the registration will be adjusted to $0.00, and the only available items in the Action column will be View Detail and View Payments.