At times, you may need to change the owner of a registration to a different person. For example, if a troop leader registered a group for camp but a new troop leader is now responsible for the group, you’ll want to change the registration owner to the new troop leader.
NOTE: Before you can assign a new registration owner, you must be sure that the new registration owner has a member profile.
This procedure only changes the registration owner and does not change registrant information. If the previous registration owner is registered for the event and the new registration owner will be attending in their place, you must edit the registration itself to remove the old registration owner and add the new registration owner as the registrant.
To assign a new owner to a registration, follow these steps:
- Locate the registration using the steps in Search for a Registration.
- In the Action column at the right, click View Detail. The View Details page for that registration will be displayed.
- In the Purchased By section, click Reassign Purchaser. The Search and Select Owner page will be displayed.
- In the First Name and/or Last Name fields, enter information to locate the new registration owner’s profile.
- Click Search. A list of members matching your search criteria will be displayed.
- Locate the new registration owner, and click Select. The View Details page will be displayed and the new registration owner will be listed as the purchaser.