If you need to apply offline payments like cash or checks to a registration, you have two options:
- Search for the registration, apply the payment, save the changes, and send an updated receipt to the purchaser.
- Or, you can use Sales Station to quickly locate the registration, apply the funds and automatically send an updated receipt.
This article contains instructions for using Sales Station to quickly apply payments to registrations and reservations. Your organization must use have at least one cash register configured in Sales Station, and your logon account must have Sales Station permissions to use this feature.
Launch Sales Station
If you're on a computer, follow these steps to launch Sales Station.
- In the Feature List, click Sales Station.
- Click Cash Register. A list of registers is displayed.
- Select a register.
Look Up the Registration
- Launch Sales Station.
- Tap or click the menu icon at the lower left, and select Search Orders.
- Enter search criteria to locate the registration. You can search by any combination of purchase date, event date, purchaser's name, last four digits on credit card, registration number, order number, group name (for group registrations) or description.
- Tap or click Search. Registrations that match your criteria will be displayed.
- Locate the registration and click the + symbol at the left to display more options.
Apply Payment and Send a New Receipt
- Tap or click Pay. The full balance due will be displayed in the Sales Station's Charges column.
- Click the Charge $ button at the lower right.
- Choose one of the following:
* If the payment is cash, select the amount of cash or click the Custom button to enter an amount that isn't displayed. Then, click Tender.
* If the payment is by credit card, enter the credit card information in the fields and click Charge.
* If the payment is by Check, click Other Payment Methods and select Check. Enter the check amount and number, then click Tender.
* If the payment is by electronic check/EFT, click Other Payment Methods and select Electronic Check/EFT. Enter the account information, then click Charge.
- On the receipt page, enter a mobile number to send an SMS receipt or an email address to send an email receipt.